Of Worlds Beyond
(Money-back satisfaction guaranteed.)
Format: Ebook for Kindle (.mobi) + iPad / iPhone / Android / Nook / others (.epub).
This title is also available in hardback print edition.
(Payment, printing, and shipping via Amazon.com.)
The Science of Science Fiction Writing
Seven famous science fiction authors—Heinlein, Campbell, "Doc" Smith, Williamson, de Camp, van Vogt, & Taine—present essays on the science and art of writing science fiction. They offer valuable tips and insights to the writer breaking into science fiction, and give the general reader fascinating behind-the-scenes information on how stories are constructed. Originally issued in a limited edition, Of Worlds Beyond rapidly sold out and soon became a collector's item. In response to many requests, Advent arranged to return the book to print, for the benefit of present-day students of science fiction. Many instructors of science fiction courses have chosen Of Worlds Beyond as required reading, and it remains on of the few (and best) explanations of how science fiction stories are written. It is full of useful insights for writers, editors, and readers.
- Introduction by Lloyd Arthur Eshbach
- "On the Writing of Speculative Fiction" by Robert A. Heinlein
- "Writing a Science Novel" by John Taine
- "The Logic of Fantasy" by Jack Williamson
- "Complication in the Science Fiction Story" by A. E. van Vogt
- "Humor in Science Fiction" by L. Sprague de Camp
- "The Epic of Space" by Edward E. Smith, Ph.D.
- "The Science of Science Fiction Writing" by John W. Campbell, Jr.
This ebook is in your choice of formats that work for almost every ebook reader and has no copy protection ("DRM"). Read it on any reader you want, any time.
We hope you enjoy the ebook! If you like it, please tell others to visit www.ReAnimus.com/1462
Don't have an ereader? Try a
Kindle from Amazon.com |
(The Kindle HD is especially nice) Buy your Kindle from us — same low price, and a portion of each Kindle sale goes to support the Critique.org Writers Workshops.